Friday, May 11, 2012

SWIMMING!!

Rm 17 have been going to the Glen Innes Aquatic Centre to have swimming lessons with professional swimming instructors. This lasted for 2 weeks.

Walking to the pools, our rustling plastic bags made a lot of noise. But not as much as the chatter of the children. Filled with nervous excitement, I ran to catch up with the rest of the class.

We changed into our togs when we got to the pools. Getting in the pool, the water was freezing, it made a shiver run down my spine. Our instructor explained the instructions for our activity. In this activity we had to swim 10 laps without stopping. Lying on my back, I pushed off from the wall and glided away.

Kicking rapidly, I sang to keep myself company. “Tonight, we are young” I sang, this of course helped. With my eyes watching the ceiling, I spotted some flags. This was a sign I was close to the end. Rolling onto my stomach I turned around and swam back to the other side.


A while later we moved onto diving. "Now I've got to dive into the pool". I thought, feeling quite anxious. Watching everyone else dive, my instructor looked at me. "Uh oh" I whispered. After trying to convince my instructor I couldn't do it, she started to count down from 5. To get it done and over with I just dived in, I had no choice anyway.


Before we started our lesson, our instructor had told us we were going to play some games after we dived. Sadly we had no time. Maybe next time.

1 comment:

  1. Wow..good piece of writing Pesi. You will make a good writer. 'Ofa atu.

    ReplyDelete