Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Silver Key (100 Word Story)

Gazing at the city, I love seeing the lights glimmering in the night. They reflect onto the sparkling river outside my room. Suddenly, I spot a dark figure run past. I jump to my feet and race outside. I slowly walk, stepping on twigs. The trees wave as the shadow lashes through. Out of the foggy mist, he steps out of the dark. Creeping up to me, he leans in forward "Don't be too curious". Instantly, the mysterious man disappeared. What just happened? Lying in the frosty grass, I see a key that glistens like melting silver. "What is this....”

1 comment:

  1. Hey Gloria,

    What an awesome hook into a story, I deffinately want to hear more.

    Maybe you could write another post to tell us what happened next.

    Keep writing, Mr Hutchings :)

    ReplyDelete