Monday, August 11, 2014

Astria Countdown to Impact #1

Extension got the privilege of being the first class in New Zealand to try out a new game that was developed by a group of people from Auckland University. We had to take a quick test first before getting into pairs and starting the game together.

Kaycee and I played the game together and we found many interesting things about the game. Basically, you are a Alpha Leader in the future who is trying to find a way to prevent an astroid from hitting your planet (Astria). You go through a series of challenges and puzzles that you have to figure out.

I found that the hardest part of the game was talking to the right people to find the right information. Not only that but also we had to rate whether a piece of information was trustworthy or not.

Today, my partner and I managed to complete 4 zones in the game. I think we could be close to completing all of the tasks and presenting the final presentation. We got a lot of information already and are on the right track to finishing the game.

I'm excited to see where the game will go, especially the story.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like fun! I'm excited to hear more...
    Mrs Nua

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds soo cool, Cant wait to hear more :)

    ReplyDelete